Fire Season 2018 is scheduled to begin on June 1st. There are currently no fire season restrictions except for year-round bans on fireworks, sky lanterns, and non-permitted open burning. Check back soon for updates.
The following restrictions are in effect throughout the City of Ashland year-round:
Ashland Fire & Rescue requires an inspection and permit for debris burning; please call 541.482.2770 before burning. Debris burning is only allowed for wildfire fuels reduction and noxious weed disposal purposes. Private land debris burning is allowed for two weeks beginning today within the City of Ashland, and only with a permit from the fire department.
- Fireworks are prohibited at all times, throughout the year within the City of Ashland.
- Sky Lanterns are prohibited at all times, throughout the year within the City of Ashland.
Fall weather also means that controlled burning will begin soon in the hills above town for wildfire safety and forest health. There are many options to find out about controlled burns:
- Wildfire Hotline – (541) 552-2490
- Text or Email Alerts – Sign up at www.ashlandwatershed.org
- Emergency Broadcast Radio – 1700 AM
All citizens should be signed up for Citizen Alert for all emergency situations
- Citizen Alert (Reverse 911) –Register your contact information by going to www.ashland.or.us and clicking on “Opt-In to Citizen Alert” on the bottom menu called “Spotlight”. If you do not have a landline, or want to be contacted by text, email, or cell phone, you will not get emergency messages unless you opt-in.