GET A FREE HOME FIRE SPRINKLER SYSTEM
Home fire sprinklers along with working smoke alarms create almost a 100% chance of survival in the event of a home fire. Home fire sprinklers give people longer to get out, decrease your fire insurance premium and give you a peace of mind about the safety of those living in your home.
Ashland Fire & Rescue and Medford Fire Rescue are offering one home fire sprinkler system to be installed in high-risk homes, such as a foster care home, in each fire jurisdiction for FREE. The sprinkler installation is for either new construction or a retrofit in an existing building providing it is not already a code requirement. The free sprinkler system installation has been made available through a FEMA Fire Prevention & Safety Grant. Home fire sprinkler systems have been saving lives in home fires for forty years. Application is due no later than 3:00 p.m., Monday, October 3, 2016.
To apply for this grant, click on the following application links:
After completing this form, either fax it or email it no later than 3:00 p.m. on
Monday, October 3, 2016 to
Ashland Fire & Rescue
Fax – 541.488.5318
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about this grant, please contact Margueritte Hickman at Ashland Fire & Rescue, 541.552.2229, or Greg Kleinberg or Chase Browning at Medford Fire Rescue, 541.774.2300.
If you apply for the grant, you are agreeing to the following:
- To provide a home fire sprinkler system to two at-risk single family homes in southern Oregon in order to increase the safety to all persons living in each of those homes.
- To utilize the project to provide home fire sprinkler public education.
To qualify for this grant, you must be able to meet the following:
- To allow representatives of Ashland Fire & Rescue and/or Medford Fire Rescue to walk through your home to evaluate it prior to the awarding of the grant if necessary and after the awarding of the grant when necessary for the project planning.
- To provide a floor plan of your home if you have one.
- To allow fire sprinkler contractors in your home to make a bid on the fire sprinkler system.
- To allow fire sprinkler contractors to install the fire sprinkler system in your home during reasonable hours to complete final inspections no later than January 15, 2017.
- To allow other contractors into your home to repair, patch or paint walls and/or ceilings if necessary on a retrofit installation to be completed no later than January 15, 2017.
- To allow inspectors of the permitting agencies to complete inspections.
- To allow representatives of Ashland Fire & Rescue and/or Medford Fire Rescue to use your home to provide public education during the project. This could include visits from the media or other fire officials. All visits would be scheduled at times agreed upon by you.
- To maintain the fire sprinkler system and smoke detectors in your home in order to increase the safety of the residents inside.
- To keep a home fire sprinkler sign in your yard during the project.
- Demonstrate that your home is providing housing to an at-risk population such as an adult foster home for people with disabilities or people who are aging.
- The home must be one story and the project must be able to be completed no later than January 15, 2017.
- New or existing construction required to install a fire sprinkler system.
- Multi-family dwellings or apartments.
Application must be complete and provide accurate answers for each questions.
The application review committee reserves the right to accept an application that varies from the requirements if the project meets the goals of this project.
Additional information may be requested if necessary to make a decision.
The application review committee may request a walk-through of a home if it is necessary to make a determination.
Ashland Fire & Rescue and Medford Fire Rescue reserve the right to modify the listed dates and process if and/or as necessary. AF&R and MFR reserve the right to revise or cancel this giveaway program at any time, without notice. All applications become the sole property of AF&R and MFR and will not be sold, transferred nor open to any other agency, company or person.