Last Updates 10/26/22
This page lists selected community resources commonly requested by Ashland seniors. For other needs not listed here, please call our office at 541-488-5342.
Emotional Support & Suicide Prevention Helplines
- What to do if you test positive for COVID-19
- FEMA COVID-19 Funeral Assistance: Financial assistance for COVID-19-related funeral expenses incurred on or after 1/20/20. For guidance, eligibility requirements and services funded, go to ►www.fema.gov/disaster/coronavirus/economic/funeral-assistance or call 1-844-684-6333.
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) ►learn more & apply
- Double Up Food Bucks Oregon (if on SNAP, get up to $10 extra/day for purchasing fruits & veggies at participating farmers markets) ►learn more
- Ashland Emergency Food Bank, 541-488-9544, ►ashlandefb.org
Free monthly food box. Home delivery available for those who need it.
- Food & Friends Lunch Program, 541-734-9505 – Lunch is served at Ashland Senior Center, currently Mon-Thurs, 11:30am-12:30pm, by donation for seniors 60+ years. Home delivered meals are available for qualifying seniors ►learn more
- City of Ashland Utility Assistance - Info and application for Senior/Disabled Utility Discount and Ashland Low Income Energy Assistance Program (electric assistance during cold winter months) are available here.
- Access Energy Assistance – Apply for assistance with gas heating and inquire about weatherization to help reduce your energy bill. 541-779-9020, website
- Health Care
- Oregon Health Plan (OHP) ►read more & apply
- Medicare subsidies: Assistance to pay for Medicare costs (Parts B & D) – 855-447-0155, ►learn more
- Property Tax
- AARP Foundation Property Tax Aide helps homeowners find tax credits for which they might be eligible, as a way to offset the high cost of housing (you do not have to be an AARP member to use this free service) ►learn more
Medicare & Social Security
- Affordable Connectivity Program: Federal program provides a $30 discount on monthly broadband bills for qualifying low-income households ►AffordableConnectivity.gov
- Ashland Fiber Network: $25/month internet service for low-income Ashland residents. If you are already receiving the senior or disabled utility discount from the City of Ashland, you qualify automatically; just call AFN (541-552-2222) to sign up for the discounted senior internet service. Otherwise, call the Senior Services Division office at 541-488-5342 to learn how to apply. ►AshlandFiber.net
- SHIBA (Senior Health Insurance Benefits Assistance): 541-857-7780 ►learn more. Call to schedule a phone appointment for one-on-one counseling about your health insurance and Medicare options:
- Assistance to pay for Medicare costs: (Parts B & D): 855-447-0155 ►learn more
- Medford Social Security Office: 1-866-931-7943 (M-F 9am-4pm) ►learn more
- White City VA Medical Center: 8495 Crater Lake Highway, White City. Main phone: 541-826-2111, Mental health care: 541-826-2111, ►website
- Jackson County Veterans Services: Assists veterans or family members with applying for benefits through the Federal VA and navigating the system. Can also help with ordering service records and DD-214's. 541-774-8214, ►website
- Veteran Resource Navigator: Online tool to find federal, state and local resources for economic, health, education, housing & food, and other needs. 800-692-9666, ►learn more
- Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs, Salem, OR. 800-692-9666 or 503-373-2085, ►oregon.gov/odva
►Back to the Senior Services Division page
Ashland Senior Services Division | Ashland Senior Center
1699 Homes Avenue, Ashland, OR 97520 | 541.488.5342 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: Monday-Thursday, 8:30am-3:30pm