Follow these tips to save money and water.
Like our Facebook Page: Ashland Water Conservation for water saving tips!
Click on the Water Savings Guide handout for more information.
- Install an aerator on faucets to reduce the amount of water used by adding air to the water flow.
- Replace washers in faucets to eliminate drips. A dripping tap can waste eight bathtubs of water in one month.
- Install a low-flow shower head to reduce water use. They have the same pressure as regular shower heads.
- Run only full loads in your dishwasher and clothes washer; wash in warm or cold water, not hot.
- Replace old toilets with low flow toilets to reduce and reduce the amount of water use by 1 to 3 gallons per flush.
- Be aware of the amount of water you use and look for ways to use less whenever you can.
- Water landscaping early in the morning or evening to avoid rapid evaporation.
- Adjust sprinklers to water plants only (not pavement).
- Mulch around all plant material to reduce evaporation.
- Watch for runoff. Soil can only absorb so much moisture.
- Learn what types of grass, shrubbery and plans do best in your area and plant accordingly. Plant the right plants in the right places.