Nixle: How To Sign Up For Ashland's
Community Alert System
The City of Ashland uses Nixle to alert residents in real-time for localized emergency situations and relevant community advisories. Residents already “opted-in” to the Jackson County Citizen Alert System will still get regional messages but have to sign up with Nixle for City of Ashland specific messaging like street closures, evacuations, or power outages.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR NIXLE
On a cell phone, text 97520 in the message line and 888777 as the recipient to sign up for emergency and high importance text alerts only. If that's all you want, then you're done. You won't get anything via email or any "community" level messages, which are the least urgent. If you have a landline phone, you will get only emergency calls without signing up.
- Sign up via the Nixle Widget below for text, email, and/or landline alerts that also include less urgent community education notices. If you do this, you'll likely want to control your message priorities and delivery channels in your account settings when you register.
- If you only have a land line home phone AND your line is listed in the white pages, we already have your number for emergency alerts. If your number is UNLISTED, please use the form below to manually enter your number.
MANAGING YOUR NOTIFICATIONS (Already registered)
- Go to the Nixle Website to create an account and manage your delivery settings and pathways. Reset or retrieve your password if necessary (#2 below).
- If you ALREADY REGISTERED via any means, you can click to get access to your account. To reset your password, go to this page. Once you recover your password, go to the Nixle login.
- You can also download the Everbridge app from Android or Apple app stores and control the notifications through your phone's settings.
RECENT NIXLE POSTS FROM THE CITY OF ASHLAND