"Reaching out to and communicating with the citizens of Ashland is an important part of the
mission of the Ashland Parks & Recreation Commission. We are launching this column to help share information regarding current park projects, recreational programming, parks and open-space features and community issues that pertain to all citizens of Ashland and are of importance to the Ashland Parks & Recreation Commission. During 2017, commissioners and Park staff will take turns communicating with the community via this monthly column regarding park and community issues and APRC projects that we feel are worthy of discussion."
- APRC Chair Commissioner, Mike Gardiner
(Articles are published the 4th Thursday of each month in the Ashland Daily Tidings)
- December 29, 2016 - Introductory column - By Commissioner Mike Gardiner
- January 26, 2017 - Garfield Park Getting a Major Makeover - By APRC Director, Michael A. Black
- February 23, 2017 - A Little-Known Commission doing Big-Time Work - By Commissioner Matt Miller
- March 23, 2017 - Lithia Park: Looking to the Future - By Commissioners Rick Landt and Matt Miller
- April 27, 2017 - Happy Ashland Trails to You - By Commissioner Jim Lewis
- May 25, 2017 - Education of the New Kid on Commission - By Joel Heller
- June 22, 2017 - Ashland Parks Foundation Awards More Than $16,000 in Grants - By Matt Miller
- July 27, 2017 - No column this month
- August 24, 2017 - Facts on the Ashland Senior Center - By Mike Gardiner
- September 28, 2017 - Recreation in Ashland - By APRC Recreation Superintendent, Rachel Dials
Visit the APRC home page
or call 541.488.5340 for more information.