READY, SET, GO!
Know the three levels of evacuation and how to receive evacuation orders
- Level 1: Be Ready long before an evacuation.
- Know Your Zone! View the Evacuation Map
- Sign up for Ashland Citizen Alert system by texting 97520 to 888777 as the recipient or go to ashland.or.us/alerts to sign up with email or an unlisted landline
- Check that your radio can tune to 1700 AM radio as another information source during emergencies
- Prepare a "Go Kit" for each family member, and have a plan for pets and family members with special needs. View our Evacuation Checklist
- Keep your evacuation vehicle gas tank full or fully charged if electric
- Level 2: Be Set by maintaining situational awareness when an emergency threatens.
- Be ready to evacuate at a moment's notice with "Go Kits" in your evacuation vehicle
- Consider evacuating at Level 2 if your family needs extra time or if conditions feel unsafe for you
- This may be the only evacuation notice you receive if conditions worsen rapidly, so leave if conditions feel unsafe. You can't leave too early
- Level 3: Go! Leave promptly when evacuation orders are given or when safety feels compromised. Do not wait and leave too late
- Leave IMMEDIATELY. Do not spend further time collecting additional belongings
- You will not be able to return until conditions are safe
- Evacuation routing can change as an event unfolds. Continue monitoring the City Alert System. Sign up NOW if you have not done so previously, ashland.or.us/Alerts
Remember to Stay Together
- Please take only one (1) vehicle in an evacuation, whenever possible, to minimize gridlock. Prepare this vehicle for evacuation by keeping the gas tank full, and park it facing the street for an easier departure.
As staffing allows, the other communication methods listed below will be utilized, in addition to the Ashland Citizen Alert System, ashland.or.us/Alerts
Ashland Emergency Broadcast Station: 1700 AM
Wildfire Information Hotline: 541.552.2490
Jackson County Emergency Management, rvem.org