We are here for you and WANT to hear from you and help you FIND YOUR SPACE!
What type of support do you need from Ashland Parks and Recreation in order to stay healthy, engaged and connected during a public health emergency? We are asking the citizens of Ashland, and local communities, to complete a brief survey that will assist us in planning alternative ways to support healthy recreation and connection during events that disrupt our daily routines, like the Coronavirus or summer smoke. Please take a moment to provide your feedback on our “Find Your Space” survey
“Find Your Space” is a system that will first focus on the safety of community members, staff and our instructors, and offer alternative options for enjoyment as we navigate public health guidelines. The system offers three spaces:
- Physical Space – Parks, trails and open space
- Safe Space – Community resources for health, safety and well-being
- Fun Space – Ways to stay active and engaged with other community members
Examples might be:
We are anxious to get back to providing regular services to our community. In the meantime, our goal is to provide resources that help keep you and your neighbors engaged even when our ability to connect in person is challenged.
As a way to engage with you NOW, we have kicked off our social media “Find Your Space” campaign. Look for ways to connect with us each weekday on our Facebook
page for the next couple of months:
- Noticed in the Neighborhood Mondays – What did you see or discover over the weekend as you ventured out into your neighborhood for fresh air and exercise? A blooming flower, your own yard or garden, teddy bears in windows, inspirational signs… anything that connects you with your neighborhood and helps you get through this challenging time!
- Partnership Power Tuesdays – Much of what we do is accomplished through our community partnerships, our sponsors and advertisers help us fulfill our goals of reaching you and offering more to our wonderful community.
- Work in Progress Wednesdays – Share the simple, enjoyable steps you have taken this week for your art and creativity.
- Things to Do While Staying Home, Saving Lives Thursdays – We will share fun things to do while self-quarantining that include fun activities and instruction from our instructors or local recreation providers.
- Friday Flowers – Spring is in the air and it’s all about the flowers and blossoms and right now. Share your snapshots with us!
Remember, we are in this together and we are here for you. For more information please visit ashland.or.us/FindYourSpace
, email ParksInfo@ashland.or.us
or call 541.488.5340. Follow us on Facebook
@AshlandParksandRec and use the hashtags #FindYourSpace #InThisTogether #APRCstayConnected #AshlandParksandRec #APRC #FunItsInOurNature. For more on Ashland Parks and Recreation visit AshlandParksandRec.org