ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Council Chambers, 1175 E Main Street
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime. HELD HYBRID (In-Person or Zoom Meeting Access)
Public testimony will be accepted for both general public forum items and agenda items. Please complete the online Public Testimony Form, for WRITTEN and ELECTRONIC testimony only. Indicate on the Public Testimony Form if you wish to provide WRITTEN testimony, or if you wish to speak ELECTRONICALLY during the meeting.
Please submit your testimony no later than 10:00 a.m. the day of the meeting.
6 p.m. Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- Land Acknowledgment**
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S/CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES ***
- Minutes of the June 20, 2023 – Business Meeting
- Minutes of June 29, 2023 – Special Business Meeting
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
- City of Guanajuato, Mexico - Sister City Visit
- Wildlife Crossing on I-5 in South Ashland
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Liquor License for Bird and Rye at 23 South 2nd St.
- Resolution 2023-21 Budget Supplemental for All-In Grant
- Resolution 2023-22 Budget Supplemental for Stracker Solar and ODOE Grant
- DLCD Housing Grant Application Authorization
- Special Procurement of Software Services Contract with OpenGov, Inc.
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- Acquisition of the Tuttle Property (Taxlot 391E08DD -TL400) for the Open Space Park Program
- Early Childhood Affordability Grant Program
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Ratification of a 3-Year Labor Agreement with the International Association of Firefighters (IAFF) Local 1269
- Contracts for Police and Fire Emergency Dispatch Services with Emergency Communications of Southern Oregon (ECSO)
- Contract for an Electric Utility Master Plan with Stoddard Power Systems, LLC
- Contract for Briscoe School Roof Replacement
- Contract Change Order with Pilot Rock Excavation for Wastewater Treatment Plant Outfall Relocation Construction Project 2013-21
- Resolution: 2023-31 Approving an Amendment to the Loan Ceiling of the Clean Water State Revolving Fund Loan R11755 for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Outfall (WWTP) Relocation Project
- Second Reading of Ordinance 3223 Creating AMC 14.10 - Stormwater Discharge and Quality Control
- Second Reading of Updated AMC 2.04 - Rules of the City Council
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- Wildlife Crossing Pilot Program (WCPP) Grant Application Support Letter
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at 541.488.6002 (TTY phone number 1.800.735.2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland Council, Commission and Committee meetings may be found at the City website, ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp.