ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, May 17, 2022
HELD HYBRID; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu
select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID - Council and some City Staff will be live in the Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street. Citizens and presenters will be joining via zoom
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Monday, May 17nd at 10 a.m. and must comply with Council Rules to be accepted.
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Study Session Minutes of May 2, 2022
- Business Meeting of May 3, 2022
Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees***
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- James M. Ragland Memorial Volunteer Spirit Service Award - Moved to a future agenda
- Alan C. Bates Public Service Award - Moved to a future agenda
- Annual Presentation from the Historic Commission & Proclamation for National Historic Preservation Month
- PUBLIC FORUM
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Appointment of Eric Herron to the Planning Commission
- Appointments to the Historic Commission – Moved to June 7, 2022
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Oregon Department of Energy Community Renewable Energy Grant Application Approval
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Community Center and Pioneer Hall Professional Services Contract Approval
- Design Build for Metal Building at Hardesty Property Contract Approval
- Approval of Two Contracts for Construction and Engineering Services During Construction for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Outfall Relocation Project No. 2013-21 - Moved to a future agenda
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- First Reading of an Ordinance updating Public Digital Public Notice of City Agendas – Moved to May 23rd, 2022
- Second Reading of an Ordinance Vacation of a Public Right of Way-A Portion of Otis Street
- 2021/23 Supplement Budget & Resolution 2022-10 - Moved to a future agenda
- Resolution No. 2022-11 Authorizing Signatures, Including Facsimile Signatures, for Banking Services on Behalf of the City of Ashland
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
*Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp
. Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).