ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
REGULAR BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, July 6, 2021
Held Electronically; View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: July 6 Business Meeting Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return it to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Tuesday, July 6 at 10 a.m. and must comply with Council Rules to be accepted.
Note: Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.E.]
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Business Meeting of May 18, 2021
- Study Session of June 14, 2021
- Business Meeting of June 15, 2021
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Proclamation Celebrating the 75th Anniversary of the Soroptimist International of Ashland
- Update on Fire Season
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Discussion and Reopening Plan
- MINUTES OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES
Business from the audience not included on the agenda. The Mayor will set time limits to enable all people wishing to speak to complete their testimony. [15 minutes maximum]
- PUBLIC FORUM
See note above for how to submit testimony for Public Forum.
Persons wishing to speak are to submit a “speaker request form” prior to the commencement of the public hearing. Public hearings conclude at 8:00 p.m. and are continued to a future date to be set by the Council, unless the Council, by a two-thirds vote of those present, extends the hearing(s) until up to 9:30 p.m. at which time the Council shall set a date for continuance and shall proceed with the balance of the agenda.
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of Liquor License for Nama
- Approval of Liquor License for Caldera
- Approval of Personal Services Contract with Douglas McGeary for Legal Services
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Mayors Proposed Recruitment and Selection Process for City Attorney
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Approval to Utilize an Interstate Cooperative Procurement to Purchase Two Each Life-Line Type 1 Ford F450 Ambulances
- Mayoral City Manager Recruitment Plan
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Confirmation of Mayoral Appointment of Ralph Sartain as Fire Chief
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING