The Oak Knoll Golf Course (OKGC), a division of Ashland Parks and Recreation, closed on March 23 in an effort to slow the transmission of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Golf courses were not formally closed in the Governor’s Executive Orders; however, Ashland Parks and Recreation chose to close the course out of an abundance of caution, while some courses in the state remained open.
The OKGC is happy to announce a reopening on Friday, May 1, 2020. With appropriate measures in place, Ashland Parks and Recreation feels comfortable opening for those who wish to golf while maintaining physical distance and practicing safe hygiene. This initial stage of opening, will have the following measures in place for golfers:
“I’m excited to have everyone back! We ask for your cooperation with our public health guidelines. Can’t wait to see you,” stated Patrick Oropallo, PGA, Head Professional/Golf Course Manager. Oropallo would also like the public to know that Mary’s BBQ, the on-site restaurant, will also reopen on Friday, May 1 for take-out and on course consumption.
The staff at OKGC have stayed busy during the recent closure. The following projects were completed during that time:
- Practice physical distancing and stay a minimum of six (6) feet from others. Physical distancing marshals will be out on the course to ensure compliance.
- The clubhouse will remain closed. Transactions will occur at the transaction-window and only credit cards will be accepted, no cash. You are encouraged to call ahead to set up a tee-time and pay by phone at 541.482.4311.
- Rakes, ball washers and benches have been removed to limit contact.
- Players will also notice cup liners in the hole; please do not remove the flag stick.
- Groups of three or less are permitted to play, foursomes will not be allowed.
- Pull carts and rental sets will not be available.
- Walking is encouraged. If you would like a cart, the carts are single rider only. (Exceptions may be made if players are from the same household, with regular interactions. We are not taking reservations for golf carts.)
- Some mats have been removed on the driving range to ensure physical distancing. You may have to wait.
“We look forward to seeing you at the course! When appropriate we will transition to a period with lifted restrictions and eventually into a stage where we can return to some form of normalcy for the game of golf,” said Oropallo.
Don't hesitate to reach out to our PGA, Head Professional/Golf Manager, Patrick Oropallo at firstname.lastname@example.org. OKGC is located at 3070 Hwy 66 in Ashland. Learn more at OakKnollGolf.org, email@example.com or 541.482.4311. Follow OKCG on Facebook and Instagram @OakK
- Bunker renovation
- Newly renovated tee boxes were opened
- Weeds were hand-removed from the greens
nollAshland and use the hashtags #OakKnollGolf #OakKnollGolfCourse #OKGC #FunItsInOurNature #AshlandParksandRec #APRC #AshlandWhatToDo #APRCstayConnected. For information on Ashland Parks and Recreation, visit AshlandParksandRec.org.