On Thursday, April 14th, a controlled burn will be managed in Siskiyou Mountain Park near Oredson-Todd Woods for improved community wildfire safety. The controlled burn is close to the Green Meadows neighborhood and upper Park Street. Please take precautions if you see or smell smoke.
Smoke could be visible from parts of town during the day if clearing allows.
Smoke and Health:
- Siskiyou Mountain Park: Trails and areas with potential smoke impact include Oredson-Todd Woods and Lower Mike-Uhtoff Trail.
- Green Meadows: In the evening hours, Green Meadows neighborhood may have smoke.
- Park Street: Smoke could impact homes near upper Park Street.
Please sign up for our non-emergency burn alerts, particularly for smoke sensitive people who need to take precautions.
- Smokewise Ashland has resources to stay healthy when smoke is in the air.
- Check weather and smoke on the watershed camera.
- A recent webinar How to Be Smokewise has tips from Oregon Health Authority and Jackson County Health & Human Services.
Controlled burn crews with the Ashland Forest Resiliency are completing projects to remove excess fuels for improved community wildfire safety and reduced risk for our drinking water supply. See a recent video on how controlled burns are helping with proactive fire planning.
- Text WATERSHED in the message line to 888777 for non-emergency notifications
- Register for the AFR email
- Follow AFR on Facebook
- Or find us on Twitter
- Learn more on our website