The Lithia Park Master Plan is underway. The plan will guide the management of the resources,
facilities and visitor experiences over the next 100 years, ensuring that Lithia Park continues to shine as Ashland’s jewel.
Design Week, scheduled for June 12-15, 2018, will focus on vision and concept development for the Lithia Park Master Plan with formal and informal public input opportunities. Mark your calendar and be sure to attend the two Design Week formal public workshops:
- Please join us as we kick off Design Week with a hands-on workshop on June 12 from 7 to 9 p.m. Come prepared to roll your sleeves up and shape the guiding vision for Lithia Park in large and small group exercises. We'll build on the Master Plan Goals, the strong foundation of Lithia Park today and the ideas and information the community has shared over the last few months.
- On June 14, come provide feedback on approaches to sustaining Lithia Park for the next 100 years. At this session, we'll share ideas and possibilities generated over the course of Design Week and listen to your thoughts and feedback about how well they achieve the vision for Lithia Park.
All of Design Week is structured as an “open door” design team working session, where anyone can drop in while the team is working. The sessions will take place at the Ashland Community Center, Pioneer Hall, Siskiyou Room and the Lithia Park Bandshell (weather permitting):
• Public Kickoff Meeting & Visioning Event, June 12, 7-9 p.m., Pioneer Hall, 73 Winburn Way
• APRC Lithia Park Master Plan Committee, June 13, time to be announced, Ashland Community Center, 59 Winburn Way
• Public Drop-in Participation and Critique, June 13 and 14, 9 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Ashland Community Center, 59 Winburn Way
• Listening Post, June 13, 5-7 p.m., Lithia Park Bandshell (if weather permits, otherwise APRC Conference Room, 340 S Pioneer St
• Public Workshop, June 14, 7-9 p.m., Ashland Community Center, 59 Winburn Way
• APRC Lithia Park Master Plan Committee, June 15, in the morning, in the Siskiyou Room, 51 Winburn Way
If you would like to share your thoughts on the Lithia Park Master Plan and are unable to attend a public meeting, email ParksInfo@ashland.or.us
or call 541.488.5340. More info at ashland.or.us/LithiaParkMasterPlan
. Be sure to follow the project on social media using the hashtags: #lithiaparkmasterplan, #lithiaparknext100years and #lithiapark — Facebook.com/AshlandParksandRec
APRC’s selected team of consultants for the Master Plan, is led by the Portland office of MIG, Inc. and includes local landscape architect KenCairn Associates, among other team members. Information on APRC at AshandParksandRec.org
. Learn more about MIG, Inc. at migcom.com