CITY COUNCIL AND PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
JOINT STUDY SESSION
Monday, August 23, 2021
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers)
or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email email@example.com
using the subject line: Ashland City Council and APRC Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest
and return to the City Recorder. The deadline for submitting written testimony or speaker request forms will be on Monday, August 23 at 10 a.m. and must comply with Council Rules to be accepted.
- Public Input (15 minutes, maximum)
- REQUIRED FUNDING TO MAINTAIN CURRENT LEVEL OF SERVICE
- What is the amount of funding required to maintain the current level of service?
- Are there projects in progress that will increase the amount of revenue necessary to maintain the existing systemwide level of service?
- Is the revenue proposal as indicated below sufficient to sustain the current level of service with additional facilities in progress?
- Have we achieved Comprehensive Plan Goals?
- FOOD AND BEVERAGE TAX
- Actions needed to implement the ongoing allocation of 98 per cent of the Food and Beverage Tax to the APRC.
- Seek voter approval of 10-year extension?
- Stopgap solution until a new revenue stream is identified.
- DEDICATED REVENUE STREAM
- Ordinance dedicating a specific millage of Property Tax to APRC equivalent to $1.89/$1,000 minus Food and Beverage Tax revenues to assure an ongoing dedicated minimum revenue from combined Food/Beverage and Property Tax equal to a $1.89/$1,000 milage rate.
- OTHER ITEMS
- Can APRC operate as its own Contract Review Board (legal review required)
- City to continue providing central services in addition to allocating F/B and Property Tax revenue. Current Cost?
- Has the APRC considered alternatives, such as privatizing certain aspects of its services?
- INDEPENDENT SERVICE DISTRICT
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Administrator's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- Form an independent special district with its own tax base?
- Parks District?
- Parks and Recreation District?
- Parks Recreation and Landscape Maintenance District? (Include Plaza, landscaped medians and all other areas currently maintained by APRC under separate agreement).