ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Council Chambers, 1175 E Main Street
5:00 PM Executive Session
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications)
or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu
select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (In-Person or Zoom Meeting Access)
Public testimony will be accepted for both general public forum items and agenda items. Please complete the online Public Testimony Form, for WRITTEN and ELECTRONIC testimony only.
Indicate on the Public Testimony Form if you wish to provide WRITTEN testimony, or if you wish to speak ELECTRONICALLY during the meeting.
Please submit your testimony no later than 10:00 a.m. the day of the meeting.
6 p.m. Regular Business Meeting*
- The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session for the following:
- To conduct deliberations with persons the City of Ashland has designated to negotiate real property transactions pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(e).
- CALL TO ORDER
- Land Acknowledgement**
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES ***
- Minutes of the July 31, 2023 - Study Session
- Minutes of the August 1, 2023 - Business Meeting
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
- Butler Perozzi Foundation Fundraising Status
- City Council and Other Public Meeting Labor Acknowledgement
- Social Equity and Racial Justice Advisory Committee (SERJAC) Report
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Public Art Grant Application for the Neighborhood Public Arts: ODT Traffic Signal Box Beautification Project, Phase 2
- Transportation Advisory Committee Appointment Removal
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- Acquisition of the Liberty Street Property (Taxlot 391E16AC -TL300) for the Open Space Park Program
- Acquisition of the Coming Attractions property at 2200 Ashland Street for an emergency houseless shelter
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at 541.488.6002 (TTY phone number 1.800.735.2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Talent-Ashland-Phoenix (TAP) Intertie New Operating Intergovernmental Agreement
- Contract for City Website Development with CivicPlus, LLC
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- City Council Standing Advisory Committees Workplans Review
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland Council, Commission and Committee meetings may be found at the City website, ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp.