Waste Prevention Subcommittee Meeting
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Conservation Commission Waste Prevention subcommittee mtg 2/21/18
Members present: Roxane, Jamie, Risa. Marni absent. Community present:
* The possible screening of "Plastic China" was discussed. Jamie will find out whether Earth Day week at Science Works might wish to partner with us to show film.
* The "state of recycling" and efforts to reach out to public were discussed. We will continue this conversation
* General discussion about OUTREACH to public about topics and what works. We will have a brainstorm about this at our next subcommittee mtg
* "Straws on Demand" pilot. SOU student working on materials to hand out to the interested businesses. The launch date is April 22nd (Earth Day)
* Louise shared with us about the "Draw Down" movement and group meeting in Ashland
* We will make another meeting date at the upcoming C.C. mtg and share those details promptly with Ms. Shiplet!
Respectfully submitted by Risa Buck