20 East Main Street
Ashland, OR 97520
Phone: (541) 488-5300
Fax: (541) 552-2059
Contact: Natalie Thomason
The Administrative Services Division - Risk Management program is responsible for handling all property and liability claims involving the city. This includes claims made by others against the city as well as claims made against those individuals that damage city property. Claims are analyzed by cost, type, number, and department/division.
Risk Management works closely with CIS, the city’s insurance pool, on claims and also on insurance coverage for the city’s properties, vehicles, and mobile equipment. This division also assists in obtaining insurance coverage for the city in property and liability coverage, excess crime coverage, excess Workers Compensation, airport insurance, flood insurance, and other insurances as needed. Certificates of insurance are prepared by this division and contracts are reviewed for insurance requirements.
· Analyze insurance coverage for appropriate levels in all categories.
· Review levels of self insurance and deductibles for cost-saving measures.
· Continue to review and update property and vehicle schedules.
· Provide appropriate risk management training opportunities for staff.
· Be a resource for departments to utilize in tracking and reducing claims.
· Continue to provide detailed analysis of claims activity through statistics and reports.