Duties of this Office:
The duties of this office are set by the City Charter and through City Ordinances.
- Facilitates public relations between the citizens and the City.
- Maintains record management for all city departments.
- Serves as Clerk to the City Council.
- Maintains accurate records of all business proceedings of the Council.
- Acts as custodian for City ordinances, resolutions, deeds, & contracts.
- Processes annexations, street vacations, and fire district withdrawals.
- Issues and records all cemetery deeds.
- Maintains City Charter and Municipal Code.
- Maintains official records for the City (dating back to 1854).
- Facilitates the City’s portion of liquor license applications and renewals.
- Assists candidates as they run for office.
- Provides election information to citizens.
- Works closely with the County during election years.
The City Recorder's Office is located in the City Hall building, 20 E. Main Street, and is open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Please feel free to contact the City Recorder at:
Phone: (541) 552-2084 Cell: (541)-613-0194
Viewing Council Meetings:
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (for Charter Communications customers) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.