How To Sign Up For Ashland's Everbridge Citizen Alert System -
GET READY ROGUE - Emergency Preparedness and Response...
The City of Ashland uses Citizen Alert (Everbridge
) to notify City residents in real-time for localized emergency situations, plus relevant community advisories like power outages and smoke advisories. As of June 2023, the Nixle
alert system was replaced with the Citizen Alert System.
Local alerts will begin with RVEM (Rogue Valley Emergency Messages). This will be for most advisory and emergency messages.
All Ashland citizens are strongly encouraged to create a new account with the Citizen Alert system. Doing so will sign you up for Ashland alerts and Jackson County alerts, and you can prioritize your preferred methods of contact.
How to Sign up for Ashland Citizen Alerts
Please remember, being better prepared means everyone should sign up for a personal Ashland Citizen Alert account. Adults and older children should register for Citizen Alerts, so everyone knows what is happening.
- CELL PHONES: If you choose not to register online (the recommended method), you may Text 97520 in the message line to 888777. You will also get voice calls if an emergency is at the highest level of importance. You will get a confirmation from Everbridge when you send the text.
- You can assign the 888777 number a contact in your phone, we recommend calling it ASHLAND CITIZEN ALERT so you'll recognize it when you get a message
- You can also assign that contact a specific alert tone and even allow alert tones from that number when your phone is silenced. If you don't have a landline or want email alerts, you're done.
- We strongly recommend, even if you've done this first step, go online and create an account with Citizen Alert (Everbridge). Click on any of the links for "register today" on this page.
- LANDLINE PHONES: You need to register online with Ashland Citizen Alert.
- GET THE APP: You can download an app called Everbridge, from Google Play or Apple app stores to control notifications through settings on your phone. Once you have it, subscribe to City of Ashland Alerts via zip code 97520. The app can be used with text alerts or on its own.