ABOUT THE ASHLAND AIRPORT EMERGENCY PLAN
The purpose of this plan is to ensure the safe and efficient handling of any emergency situation that may arise at Ashland Municipal Airport-Sumner Parker Field when the airport is directly affected, or when there is an emergency impacting the City of Ashland and/or Jackson County and the airport might serve as a valuable resource. It is intended to maximize collaboration between the Airport Manager, airport staff, and emergency organizations so that they can carry out their responsibilities efficiently in either case.
We recognize that all emergency situations cannot be anticipated. If an emergency situation arises that is not covered in this plan, the Airport Manager has the authority to direct such actions as he or she may deem necessary.
This plan was approved and adopted by City Council on February 15, 2022.
In developing this plan, we considered the following:
▪ How best to work together as a team and use the resources of the city, county, and airport.
▪ How to manage communications at the airport during an emergency.
▪ How to hand off control as the availability of staff and the nature of the emergency changes.
▪ How to coordinate radio frequencies so that all emergency responders can communicate effectively with each other.
▪ Where to go during an emergency.
▪ How to inform tenants and other airport users about the emergency.
▪ How to restrict access and control bystanders during an emergency.