The APRC 2023-2025 Biennium Goals
- Employ best management practices to strengthen relations between management, co-workers, City employees and community members. Potential steps include work with APRC's HR provider - the City of Ashland HR department - to simplify and communicate HR policies and procedures, improve diversity equity and inclusion efforts, ensure all staff understand how HR benefits employees and how to access HR, and reorganize and add staff to free up management time for these efforts.
- Improve public aquatic recreation and competitive options in Ashland consistent with the findings and recommendations of the Pool Ad Hoc Committee and ensure the continuous operations of an adequate recreational pool in Ashland during the summer months, at a minimum, until construction begins on a new pool.
- Build east main street neighborhood park including the dog park, bike-skills and pump track.
- Develop plan for Oak Knoll Golf Course to respond to a variety of current issues at the course:
- a. Drought
- b. Fiscal Shortages
- c. Playing Conditions
- d. Staffing
- e. Ancillary Uses
- Develop an environmental sustainability and implementation plan.
- Continue to improve and develop our watershed ped and MTB trail network, including connectivity to adjacent National Forest Land (above) and town centers (below) city ownership, as well as securing easements on private properties that protect public access to the network
- Perform a system-wide master plan for Ashland Parks and Recreation Commission to include the following sections, at least (sections may be completed together or independently)
- a. Vision and goals
- b. Bicycle and pedestrian circulation and access to park properties
- c. Park system maintenance and improvements
- d. Fleet evaluation recommendations
- e. Design and maintenance guidelines
- f. Review and update of all APRC policies
- Investigate, develop and implement a dedicated permanent funding source to ensure the long-term financial sustainability of the Ashland Parks and Recreation Commission.
- Seek out and support opportunities for community building through programs and events in our parks, open spaces and trails networks that celebrate art, music, sports and nature.
Back to the APRC Commissioners page.
Visit the APRC home page or call 541.488.5340 for more information.