On May 2, 2022, the City will begin disconnection processes for delinquent utility charges.
Each customer that is delinquent more than $50 will receive an automated call out notification to advise of a scheduled disconnection date. If payment or arrangements are not made, a service person will attempt in good faith to reach a person at the service location to inform them that termination is imminent and explain that assistance is available. The service person will leave a notification on the door if they are unable to make contact at the residence. There is a $10 charge for the delinquent notification and will only be charged once per account per month of notification. If delinquent balances are not paid or if payment arrangements are not made, a service person will visit the service location on the scheduled disconnection date to disconnect services. For questions regarding the delinquent process, please refer to Ashland Municipal Code 14.02
Payment Plan Options
The City recognizes that our residents and businesses may be affected in different ways and encourages them to contact the Utility Billing staff to develop custom payment plans.
- Residential customers can request a 12-month payment plan to pay for their delinquent charges.
- Commercial customers can request a 6-month payment plan to pay for their delinquent charges.
We are here to help you. Please contact the Utility Billing staff at email@example.com
or (541) 488-6004.
What should I do if I am behind on my utility payments?
Please be proactive if you are facing financial hardship. The City partners with several organizations that offer Residential Utility Assistance.
Access (541) 779-9020
Adult and Family Services (541) 482-2041
Salvation Army (65 and older) (541) 772-8149
St. Vincent DePaul (541) 708-5650
Options for Helping Residents of Ashland (541) 631-2235
Jackson County Fuel Committee (541) 488-2905
How can I pay my bill?
The City offers several different payment methods at no additional cost to the customer.
- Call Utility Billing at (541) 488-6004 to speak directly to a representative during business hours and pay with Visa or MasterCard.
- Call our 24/7 automated payment line at (541) 201-2089 and pay with Visa or MasterCard.
- Visit our Customer Central online portal and pay with Visa, MasterCard, or checking account information. Click here to be redirected to Citizen Self Service.
- Pay using our new, 24/7 payment Kiosk located at Ashland Police Department at 1175 E Main Street. The Kiosk accepts Visa, MasterCard, checks, and cash. The Kiosk will not provide change.
There are also several drop boxes in Ashland. Please do not deposit cash payments at these locations.
- The corner of City Hall at 20 E Main Street
- The Plaza across from City Hall
- The Ashland Police Department parking lot at 1155 E Main Street
- The Stevenson Union at SOU
- The Albertsonís parking lot at 2301 Ashland Street