June 1, 2021
The City Managerís Report showcases current events facing the City externally and internally since the last Council meeting, while highlighting City accomplishments.
Update on Recology Rate Review
On March 2, 2021, Recology Ashland General Manager Gary Blake asked Council for the Recology rate adjustment to start on July 1 instead of April 1. This is due to Jackson County Commissioners considering a rate increase for the Dry Creek Landfill where Recology takes collected trash. Recology planned to bring back the rate adjustment review to the City Council in May or June to incorporate the potential increase.
The Jackson County Commissioners approved a 17.99% rate increase for Dry Creek Landfill effective July 1. However, Recology is deferring the rate adjustment review again to see if the cost cutting measures taken as a result of the pandemic can help offset the rate increase at least in the short term. Blake plans to see how the pandemic recovery and the new disposal increase affects Recology and will determine if a rate adjustment is needed later on.
Read the full letter from Blake here
This is a draft of the next Council meetings agenda and is subject to change.
June 14 - Study Session
- Ambulance Service Financial Audit Report Presentation
June 15 - Business Meeting
- Proclamation for Bee City USA
- A Resolution Establishing the Energy Retrofit Loan Program
- Request for a Water Service Connection Use Outside of City Limits, 1033 Clay Street
- Social Equity and Racial Justice Resolution Council Discussion and Action Identification
- Approval of a Professional Services Contract for the Ashland Street Rehabilitation Project
- Acceptance of Pallet Shelter and Urban Campground Grant Award
- Quarterly FY2021 Financial Update and Budget Amendment
- Miscellaneous Fees and Charges Review
- Citizens' Budget Committee Annual Appointments
- Management Resolution
- First Reading of Municipal Audit Commission Ordinance
- First Reading of TOT Ordinance
- Second Reading of Land Use Code Amendment; Duplexes on Single Family Lots
For the full look ahead and descriptions of each item, go to ashland.or.us/lookahead