Ashland restaurants have launched "Rogue To Go
", a pilot of reusable take out containers. The program offers a durable, standardized take out container to help reduce waste.
Ashland customers can buy a container and use it at several participating restaurants. Containers are filled with food and carried away. When finished, the customer exchanges the used box for a clean one and the cycle repeats. (Customers can also exchange for a metal token, which is easier to carry around than an empty box.)
Participating restaurants include:
- Ashland Food Cooperative (237 N 1st St, Ashland, OR 97520)
- Falafel Republic (1465 Siskiyou Blvd, Ashland, OR 97520)
- Pie and Vine (358 E Main St, Ashland, OR 97520)
- Sesame Asian Kitchen (21 Winburn Way, Ashland, OR 97520 )
- Simple Cafe (249 A St, Ashland, OR 97520 )
Rogue To Go is an easy way to reduce waste and show that there is a better way to do take out! Single use containers and utensils create unnecessary waste and environmental impact. The purpose of the program is to reduce disposable packaging and explore alternatives. The Rogue To Go pilot program is made possible by Oregon DEQ and City of Ashland.
For additional information please contact:
Stu Green, Climate and Energy Analyst, City of Ashland (firstname.lastname@example.org