ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access)
For written public testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For public oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
5:30 PM Executive Session
The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session for the following:
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting*
- To conduct deliberations with persons the City of Ashland has designated to negotiate real property transactions pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(e)
- CALL TO ORDER
- Land Acknowledgement**
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S/CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES ***
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
- City Council Orientation / Training (approx. 45 minutes)
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Antisemitism Proclamation
- Standing Advisory Committee Appointments
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Adoption of Findings for Land Use Appeal for Mixed Use Development at 165 Water Street, 160 Helman Street and 95 Van Ness Avenue
- City Council Election or Process to fill Mayor Vacancy
- NEW NEW BUSINESS
- Planning Grant for Ashland Electric Utility Solar Installation
- Ashland Special Election for May 16, 2023
- Food and Beverage Tax Ballot Language
- City Council Compensation Ballot Language
- RESOLUTION NO. 2023-01 A Resolution of the City of Ashland Submitting to the Voters at the May 16, 2023 Special Called Election A Proposed Amendments to Chapter 4.34 of the Ashland Municipal Code Related to the Food and Beverage Tax and A Measure to Change the Mayor and City Council Compensation
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Sprint Telecommunication Franchise Renewal
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING