ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, August 2, 2022
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access) The Special Business Meeting will be held in Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email email@example.com using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting*
Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees***
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Land Acknowledgement**
- Hiroshima Proclamation
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Business Meeting of June 21, 2022
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Rogue Valley Home Energy Score Collaboration
- Fire Season Preparation Update
- Police Annual Report
- Croman Mill Site Remediation Update
- PUBLIC FORUM
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Approval of MOD Pizza Liquor License
- Approval of Two Contracts with Emergency Communications of Southern Oregon
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS Consideration of ballot referendum item for November 8, 2022 General Election: 1. Second Reading of Ordinance No. 3212 Relating to the Food and Beverage Tax; Amending AMC 4.34.020 and 4.34.160 and Approval of Resolution 2022-23 Referring Ordinance 3212 to City Elections Officer
XII. NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
1. Resolution creating Standing Advisory Committees to the City Council
2. Initiation of an Ordinance Amendment Relating to Food Trucks & Food Carts
3. League of Oregon Cities 2023 Legislative Priorities Ballot
XIII. ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
XIV. OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- First Reading of Ordinance 13.03.300 Amendments to add Standards for Small Wireless Facilities in the Public Rights-Of-Way
XV. ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
*Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).