ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, August 1, 2023
Council Chambers, 1175 E Main Street
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications)
or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (In-Person or Zoom Meeting Access)
5:00 PM Executive Session
Public testimony will be accepted for both general public forum items and agenda items. Please complete the online Public Testimony Form, for WRITTEN and ELECTRONIC testimony only.
Indicate on the Public Testimony Form if you wish to provide WRITTEN testimony, or if you wish to speak ELECTRONICALLY during the meeting.
Please submit your testimony no later than 10:00 a.m.
the day of the meeting.
The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session for the following:
6 p.m. Regular Business Meeting*
- To conduct deliberations with persons the City of Ashland has designated to negotiate real property transactions pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(e).
- Consultation with the City Attorney on current or likely litigation pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(h).
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at 541.488.6002 (TTY phone number 1.800.735.2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
- CALL TO ORDER
- Land Acknowledgement**
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES ***
- Minutes of the July 17, 2023 – Retreat Meeting
- Minutes of July 18, 2023 - Business Meeting
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS
- James M. Ragland Memorial Volunteer Spirit Service Award
- Fire & Rescue Citizen Special Life Saving Award
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- City Manager's Report
- PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Transportation Advisory Committee Appointment
- Liquor License Approval for Harana Café, (DBA Harana LLC) at 116 Lithia Way, Ste 2
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- Early Childhood Affordability Grant Program
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- Electric Master Plan Contract
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- City Council Liaison Appointments
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland Council, Commission and Committee meetings may be found at the City website, ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp.