ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Council Chambers, 1175 E Main Street
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications)or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime. HELD HYBRID (In-Person or Zoom Meeting Access)
Public testimony will be accepted for both general public forum items and agenda items. Please complete the online Public Testimony Form, for WRITTEN and ELECTRONIC testimony only. Indicate on the Public Testimony Form if you wish to provide WRITTEN testimony, or if you wish to speak ELECTRONICALLY during the meeting.
Please submit your testimony no later than 10:00 a.m. the day of the meeting.
5:00 P.M. Citizen’s’ Budget Committee & City Finance Staff Recognition
5:30 P. M. Executive Session - The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session for the following:
- To conduct deliberations with persons the City of Ashland has designated to negotiate real property transactions pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(e).
6:00 P.M. Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- Land Acknowledgement**
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S/CHAIR OF THE COUNCIL ANNOUNCEMENTS
- Clerk of the Council Pro Tem Appointment
- APPROVAL OF CITY COUNCIL MINUTES ***
- Minutes of the June 5, 2023, Study Session
- Minutes of the June 6, 2023, Business Meeting
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS & AWARDS
- Ukraine Sister City Presentation
- Ashland Fire & Rescue - Wildfire Budget Presentation
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM (15 minutes) (Public input or comment from the audience on City business not included on the agenda.)
- CONSENT AGENDA
- Resolutions 2023-16 Accepting the Abstract of Votes Regarding the Ballots Cast in the State of Oregon Election held on Tuesday, May 16, 2023, Regarding Measure 15-214 & Measure 15-215
- Early Learning Ad Hoc Committee Appointments
- Transportation Advisory Committee Appointments
- Liquor License Approval for Mam’s Happy Thai Express at 165 E. Main Street
- Liquor License Approval for The Peerless Hotel at 243 Fourth Street
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) Agreement with Addictions Recovery Center (ARC)
- Special Procurement for Photovoltaic Solar Installation at the City’s Incorporation Yard (90 N. Mountain) by Stracker Solar
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- City Council and other City Public Meetings Labor Acknowledgment
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- First Reading of Stormwater Quality Control Program Ordinance
- City Council Rules and Protocols Updates
- First Reading of AMC 2.04 Rules of the City Council Ordinance
- Resolution 2023-30, Council Practices and Protocols Amendment
- Resolution 2023-18, 2021-2023 BN Budget Supplemental Resolution
- Contract Amendment for Forestry Management Services with Grayback Forestry, Inc.
- Contract for Broadcast Television Services with Rogue Valley Television (RVTV)
- Contract for Janitorial Services with Pathways, Inc.
- Contract for Construction Design and Administration Services for Ashland Street Reconstruction Project with Dowl LLC
- Contract for Construction of the Ashland Street Overlay Project with LTM, Inc. (dba Knife River Materials) for the Ashland Street Reconstruction Project
- Sole Source Procurement Contract for Wastewater Treatment Biosolids Disposal with Dry Creek Landfill
- Contract for Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant Chemicals with Cascade Columbia Distribution Company, Northstar Chemical, Inc., and TR International Trading Company
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at 541.488.6002 (TTY phone number 1.800.735.2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland Council, Commission and Committee meetings may be found at the City website, ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp.