ASHLAND CITY COUNCIL
BUSINESS MEETING AGENDA
Tuesday, November 1, 2022
View on Channel 9 or Channels 180 and 181 (Charter Communications) or live stream via rvtv.sou.edu select RVTV Prime.
HELD HYBRID (Limited In-Person Social Distancing Seating and Zoom Meeting Access) The Special Business Meeting will be held in Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street.
Written and oral testimony will be accepted for public input. For written testimony, email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line: Ashland City Council Public Testimony.
For oral testimony, fill out a Speaker Request Form at ashland.or.us/speakerrequest and return to the City Recorder.
5:30 PM Executive Session
The Ashland City Council will hold an Executive Session and may conduct the following:
- Deliberations with persons designated by the governing body to carry on labor negotiations, pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(d).
- Consultation with the City Attorney on current or likely litigation pursuant to ORS 192.660(2)(h).
6:00 PM Regular Business Meeting*
- CALL TO ORDER
- PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
- ROLL CALL
- MAYOR’S ANNOUNCEMENTS
- APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Business Meeting of October 4, 2022
- Study Session of October 17, 2022
- Business Meeting of October 18, 2022
Minutes of Boards, Commissions and Committees***
- SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS PUBLIC FORUM
- CIS Innovation Award Presentation
- City of Ashland Aspirational Goals
- CITY MANAGER REPORT
- PUBLIC FORUM
- CONSENT AGENDA
- PUBLIC HEARINGS
- Approval of the Cable Television Franchise Agreement with Charter Communication, Inc.
- UNFINISHED BUSINESS
- Transportation and Tree Advisory Committee Resolution
- NEW AND MISCELLANEOUS BUSINESS
- Professional Services Contract with Cornforth Consultants for a Level 2 Risk Analysis-Loading Conditions Development for Hosler Dam
- ORDINANCES, RESOLUTIONS AND CONTRACTS
- First Reading SDC Committee Recommended Ordinance Updates for Multi-Family Developments
- OTHER BUSINESS FROM COUNCIL MEMBERS/REPORTS FROM COUNCIL LIAISONS
- ADJOURNMENT OF BUSINESS MEETING
* Items on the Agenda not considered due to time constraints are automatically continued to the next regularly scheduled Council meeting [AMC 2.04.030.(D)(3)]
** LAND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
We acknowledge and honor the aboriginal people on whose ancestral homelands we work—the Ikirakutsum Band of the Shasta Nation, as well as the diverse and vibrant Native communities who make their home here today. We honor the first stewards in the Rogue Valley and the lands we love and depend on: Tribes with ancestral lands in and surrounding the geography of the Ashland Watershed include the original past, present and future indigenous inhabitants of the Shasta, Takelma, and Athabaskan people. We also recognize and acknowledge the Shasta village of K'wakhakha - "Where the Crow Lights" - that is now the Ashland City Plaza.
***Agendas and minutes for City of Ashland’s Boards and Commissions meetings may be found at the City’s website, https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp . Use the View By box to select the Board or Commission information you are seeking.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance to participate in this meeting, please contact the City Manager's office at (541) 488-6002 (TTY phone number 1-800-735-2900). Notification 72 hours prior to the meeting will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility to the meeting (28 CFR 35.102-35.104 ADA Title I).