Economic, Cultural, Suitability and Tourism
May 9, 2019, 6:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, 1175 E. Main Street
Call to Order/Opening Remarks: Meeting called to order at 6:02 p.m. by Paula Hyatt
Election of Chair: Seffinger/Jensen m/s the nomination of Paula Hyatt as Economic, Cultural, Suitability and Tourism Sub-Committee Chair. Discussion: None. Vote by Hand: All Ayes. Motion passed unanimously.
Approval of Minutes: Seffinger/Hyatt m/s to move that the minutes of May 23rd, 2018 be approved. All Ayes. Motion passed unanimously.
Public Form- No public input was given.
Staff Report- Adam Hanks, Assistant to the City Administrator spoke to the process of the Economic, Cultural, Suitability and Tourism
Delectation of Conflict- Committee members declared possible conflicts of interest to submitted applications.
Presentations- The following organizations presented to the committee information regarding their application. The Committee Members also asked questions of each organization based on their application. Meeting audio of presentations attached.
- Anima Mundi Productions
- The Hearth
- Rogue Valley Symphony Association
- ScienceWorks Hands-On Museum
- Ashland Gallery Association
- Rogue Valley Farm to School
- Ashland's Bed and Breakfast Network
- SOU Foundation/ Chamber Music Concerts
- Youth Symphony of Southern Oregon
- Klamath Bird Observatory
- Kapíoanuenue (Ashland Hula)
- SOU Foundation/ Schneider Museum of Art
- Southern Oregon Repertory Singers
- Mt. Ashland Association
- SOPride, Inc
- Post Growth Institute
- Ashland Children's Theatre
- Rogue World Music
- Rogue Rowing
- Southern Oregon Film Society
- Brava! Opera Theater and James M. Collier Young Artist Program
- Lithia Artisans Market of Ashland
- Ashland Culture of Peace Commission
- Rogue Valley Food System Network
- Ashland New Plays Festival
- Ashland Art Center
- Siskiyou Velo
- Rogue Valley Peace Choir
- Southern Oregon Film and Media (Film Southern Oregon)
- Natives of One Wind Indigenous Alliance-Red Earth Descendants
- Health Research Institute
- Ballet Folklorico Ritmo Alegre
- Emerging Futures Youth Network-Southern Oregon Food Solutions
- Lomakasti Restoration Project
Jensen/Morris m/s Meeting Adjournment.
Meeting was Adjourned at 8:43 p.m. by Chair Paula Hyatt.