Transient Lodging Tax Return Submittal
Supplemental remittance for local operators using online travel companies form.
Supplemental remittance for online travel companies form.
If you are submitting the return on time and are not delinquent or have a previous period adjustment, please do not input #7-8. If you are past due or have a previous period adjustment, please follow the instructions below to complete #7-8.
Tax under or over payment: Enter into the appropriate field the under (negative amount) or over (positive amount) you are submitting in your return. Please provide an explanation for the over or under payment upon submittal.
Please email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org. It is your responsibility to verify that we have received your return and to call us to pay with a credit card by 5 pm on the due date. If you will be submitting a check or cash for payment, it will also need to be received by 5 pm on the due date to not be considered late. Please save your sent email for your records.
Due dates for returns:
|Activity for the time period:
|January 1 through March 31
|April 1 through June 30
|July 1 through September 30
|October 1 through December 31
- How do I request a waiver of a penalty or interest charges? Please email your request to email@example.com
- How do I save the return and then email it? Depending on your browser, you may be able to complete all the sections first, then save it and email as below. If not, save it to your desktop first then close your browser and open the document and complete and email as below.
- then Save As
- Save it to your computer for retrieval in the next step
- Access your email and add this file as an attachment to an email
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I calculate occupancy? Occupancy is determined by the method in which you choose to rent your accommodations. If you rent by room, then you need to report your occupancy by room. If you rent by unit, for example a three bedroom house rented as one unit, you would need to report by unit or as one in this example.
- Why should I complete the occupancy questions at the bottom of the form? Occupancy data is collected to develop trends both seasonally and year to year in the utilization of Ashland’s collective visitor capacity. The aggregate data is displayed in various publications, include the City’ approved budget, the Chamber of Commerce’s Living and Doing Business Guide as well as by other local and regional groups involved and interested in Ashland’s tourism economy.
- What do you mean by Exemptions in question 2? See the Ashland Municipal Code section 4.24.030.
- What if I submit this form but do not pay by the due date? The return is not considered complete until the payment is received, therefore it would be considered past due.
- How do I know if I am required to file my return quarterly or monthly? All operators must submit returns at a minimum quarterly, unless the City has notified the operator that they are required to submit monthly. Any operator may choose to submit monthly however.
- How do I complete the form using an Apple product? You will need to install Adobe Reader to complete this form. Save this form to your local drive and then open it using Adobe Reader.
- How do I know if I should submit the tax if I use an online booking service?
- If you collect the tax on your own through your own booking, you must remit the tax to the City.
- If the third party vendor collects the tax and does not return it to you, they must remit the tax to the City.
- If the third party vendor collects the tax, but then remits it to you, you must remit the tax to the City.
- If you set the rate of the booking with the third party and do not have an agreement in place that they will collect the tax and remit to the City, you must remit the tax to the City.
More questions? Call, Email, or stop by. We are located at 20 East Main St, downtown at City Hall and are open 8:30-5:00 Monday through Friday. You can also reach us at (541) 488-6004 or at email@example.com.