Business Registration

Business Registration, Tobacco License, Food and Beverage, and Transient Occupancy Tax Application

All businesses including home businesses that do business in or are located in Ashland, are required to have an Ashland Business Registration including those who sell or provide tobacco, food and beverages, and lodging services. Click here for the Business Registration application.

In addition to the Business Registration, the City of Ashland requests completion of the Supplemental Rental Registry form if you rent two or more dwelling units with the intention of receiving payment that is attached below.

A license to sell tobacco is required for each location within the Ashland City Limits in which tobacco products are to be sold. For more information refer to AMC 6.42.030.

Businesses located out of town, but doing business inside the city limits must pay for only the number of individuals conducting business within the City limits at any one time.

If you are operating your business out of the home, a home occupation permit is also required. The home occupation standards are located in the Land Use section of the Ashland Municipal Code.

For information please call the City of Ashland Business Support Center at 541-304-2190 or email us at

Please click below for the application. If you have Adobe Acrobat and would prefer to type in your information on the application, you may do so by placing your mouse pointer over the line to enter the information. A cursor will then appear. Please print the application when finished, sign and submit it to the Business Support Center.

Online City Services

Pay your bill & more 
Connect to
Ashland Fiber Network
Request Conservation
Proposals, Bids
& Notifications
Request Building
Building Permit
Apply for Other
Permits & Licenses
Register for
Recreation Programs

©2024 City of Ashland, OR | Site Handcrafted in Ashland, Oregon by Project A




twitter facebook Email Share
back to top