2024 ACTION PLAN
CITY OF ASHLAND SOCIAL EQUITY & RACIAL JUSTICE COMMITTEE
Mayor Grahamís direction at June SERJ meeting: https://www.ashland.or.us/Agendas.asp?AMID=8282&Display=Minutes
CURRENT SERJAC ACTION PLAN
1. Assist the City in identifying SERJ-related holidays and community events and recommending ways to participate in these holidays and events.
2. Support Ashland Together with Sundown to Sunrise collaboration with ORP and speaker series launching February 12, 2024 at Carpenter Hall.
PROPOSED 2024 SERJAC ACTION PLAN
1. Interact with other Committees in their work as it intersects with SERJAC goals. (Precious)
2. Compile list of local DEI partners, including information on areas of focus and impact metrics (Tara)
3. Obtain DEI training for SERJAC members. (Emily)
4. Conduct Listening Sessions with Ashland residents to capture documentation describing current status of diversity, equity and inclusion. Utilize information obtained in Listening Sessions to inform and expand 2024 Action Plan. (Barbara)
5. Develop DEI training program for local businesses and their staff with a focus on being authentically welcoming to all people. (Gina)
6. Understand scope of consultantís DEI internal assessment and organize recommendations into phased plan with assigned liaison and budget specifications. (Early 2024)
Additional request from Mayor Graham that may be beyond SERJAC scope at this time:
Support efforts within the City's operations to train staff and ensure that our internal practices and protocols help us move forward with our DEI goals.