Utilities Account Information

Questions about your bill or services? Please contact us via emailThe Utilities Office is not open to the public and phone service is limited. 

Payment information, connect and disconnect forms are found on our Utilities Customer Services homepage. See additional Utilities Account Information below. 

Past Due Bills 
An account is considered past due when the current charges are not paid in full by the due date on the bill. If past due amounts appear on your bill and a payment arrangement is not made, services will be subject to disconnect. Services will be restored when the total past due amount and the reconnection fee has been paid in full.
Physician Certification 
If you have obtained a written certification from a licensed physician indicating the termination of services would significantly endanger the physical health of any member of your household AND this certification has been filed with the Utilities Billing office, no termination will take place. When filing such a certification,you must enter into an arrangement with the City and agree to pay any past due bills that accrue while the certification is in effect. The physician’s certification MUST be renewed ANNUALLY and filed with the Utilities Billing office prior to expiration of the previous certification to avoid service interruption.

Returned Checks 
If your bank returns your check for nonsufficient funds, you will need to remit payment in the form of cash, cashier's check, money order, or Visa/Mastercard. In addition to the amount due, a returned check fee will also be required. Please email for more information. 
Remember, if you are moving and utilities are in your name, it is your responsibility to disconnect services. See the homepage for the disconnect form. 

The City is not liable for interruption or shortage or insufficiency of electric power, or any loss or damage resulting from such, if the cause is beyond the City’s reasonable control.
The City assumes no responsibility for loss or damage caused by lack of water volume or water pressure. The City agrees to provide water service to the applicant and/or customer at pressures and volumes as are available in the water system. Water service is subject to shut-downs and variations required for the operation and maintenance of the water system.

Any customer may appeal the City’s decision to terminate service or its refusal to restore service, by submitting a written appeal stating the reasons for the appeal to the City Recorder, Ashland City Hall, during business hours. Upon receipt of the appeal, the City Recorder shall notify the Utility office, and if the service has not been terminated, the City shall not terminate service until after the matter has been acted upon by the City Council. The City Recorder shall present the appeal to the City Council at its next regular meeting, giving notice to the customer of the date, time, and location of the proposed hearing before the City Council. The decision of the City Council shall be final.
The City of Ashland will not be liable for any loss incurred due to a disconnection for nonpayment of a utility bill. 

View the Utilities Customer Services homepage

Online City Services

Pay your bill & more 
Connect to
Ashland Fiber Network
Request Conservation
Proposals, Bids
& Notifications
Request Building
Building Permit
Apply for Other
Permits & Licenses
Register for
Recreation Programs

©2024 City of Ashland, OR | Site Handcrafted in Ashland, Oregon by Project A




twitter facebook Email Share
back to top