The Housing Production Strategy project will create a plan to address Ashland’s unmet housing needs with a focus on equity and public input. At the end of this year long planning effort, the final Housing Production Strategy report will identify a set of specific actions the city will undertake over an 8-year period to promote the development needed housing. Such actions may include land use ordinance amendments, zoning changes, financial incentives, and other actions within the City’s purview.
The Housing Production Strategy will be informed by input from residents about their current housing situation and their views regarding actions the City could take to expand the range of housing options. Please provide your experience and opinions by completing the community questionnaire located here:
(open through October 14)
We’d like to hear your thoughts about your housing needs and priorities to help inform these documents. Please join us for a virtual Open House event on October 19th, from 5:30-7:00PM where we’ll share some of the information learned so far and provide an opportunity to hear your thoughts around the actions that the City is considering.
Ashland’s Housing Production Strategy is the third step in a four step process to support a variety of housing options.
- Step 1: Buildable Lands Inventory, an inventory of the amount of vacant and partially vacant land within the City and Urban Growth Boundary that can accommodate new housing development. Completed December 2019
- Step 2: Housing Capacity Analysis, a report examining projected housing needs over the next 20 years in consideration of household demographics, housing costs, and expected population growth. Completed May 2021. This document was informed by citizen responses to an online open house and survey, and the public comments received can be found here: Summary of Online HCA Survey (4/1-15/2021)
- Step 3: Housing Production Strategy, beginning spring 2022
- Step 4: Adoption and Implementation of the identified strategies, expected beginning in 2023
Meetings, materials, presentations
Advisory Committee Meetings
- August 25, 2022 HPS and Rent Burden Forum
- October date TBD (AC Meeting 4)
- July 11, 2022 (AC Meeting 3)
- May 16, 2022 (AC Meeting 2)
- April 4, 2022 (AC meeting 1)
- TBD (AC meetings 3-5)
- Housing and Human Services Commission 7/26/2022
- Planning Commission 7/26/2022
- Planning Commission 3/22/2022
- Housing and Human Services Commission 11/18/2021
- August 15, 2022 City Council Study Session