Electric Bike (e-bike) Incentive Program Summary
Ashland utility customers can receive a $300 incentive for the purchase of an eligible electric bicycle.
Why does this program exist?
E-bike incentive eligibility requirements
Many Ashland Electric customers have shown their commitment to the environment by being early adopters of zero emission vehicles, but e-bikes remain financially out of reach for many customers. The e-bike incentive increases access to affordable, zero emission e-bikes. This program also supports City of Ashland’s commitment to transportation electrification and multi-modal transportation options.
The electric bicycle (e-bike) incentive increases equitable access to zero emission vehicles by providing Ashland utility customers with a $300 incentive for the purchase of an eligible electric bicycle. The specific objective of this program is to incentivize 50 new e-bike purchases in the utility territory within 12 months.
Who can apply for this incentive?
Any customer of Ashland Electric can apply for this incentive if they receive a voucher code from their local bike shop. Only one incentive/voucher is available per Ashland Electric customer household.
What incentives are available?
Customers can receive a $300 incentive for the purchase of an eligible e-bike. Funding is limited to the first 50 participants.
Program availability - The e-bike incentive program is made available with the following direction:
- The e-Bike incentive is available to Ashland Electric customers with an active account.
- Only one e-Bike incentive may be issued per utility account.
E-bike Standards - The e-bike purchased must meet the following minimum standards:
Documentation Required - Specific e-bike documentation requirements include, at minimum:
- E-bike must be purchased at participating Ashland bike shop (see below for participating shops)
- E-bike is purchased after Nov 15, 2020.
- Only new e-bikes are eligible.
- E-bike purchase price is $3,000, or less.
- Only Class 1 rated e-bikes are eligible.
- E-bike must be intended for use by utility customer household.
- Applicant name and contact information
- Primary Ashland Electric Utility customer information (name, account number, service address, and contact information)
- Incentive voucher (a limited supply of vouchers is available from participating local bike shops)
- Bill of sale (must clearly show e-bike make, model, purchase price, and date of purchase)
- Local bike shop information (shop name, sales agent)
Participating Ashland Retail Bike Shops
If you operate an Ashland retail bike shop that would like to participate, please contact city staff to learn more.
- Submissions that do not meet the program eligibility criteria will not be considered.
- Incomplete documentation may result in incentive ineligibility.
- The City is not responsible for documents lost or destroyed in transit or misdirected applications.
- Submitted program application and accompanying documents becomes the property of the City.
- The City reserves the right to request additional information or documentation to process an application.
- Terms, conditions, and availability of this program may change at any time.
- Incentives are issued on a first-come, first-served basis until funds are depleted.
- Check will be issued to person listed as the incentive applicant.
How do I get the e-bike incentive?
About Ashland's Climate Plan
- Ensure that you have read and understand all program eligibility requirements. If you have questions, contact city staff before purchasing your vehicle.
- Purchase your e-bike at a participating Ashland bike shop.
- Fill out the E-bike incentive form
City of Ashland e-bike programs exist to support Ashland's Climate and Energy Action Plan. Ashland’s Climate Vision for 2050 is to be a resilient community that has zero net greenhouse gas emissions, embraces equity, protects healthy ecosystems, and creates opportunities for future generations. For more information please see www.ashland.or.us/climate.
For additional information about these programs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.