Nixle: How To Sign Up For Ashland's
Community Alert System
The City of Ashland uses Nixle to alert city residents in real-time for localized emergency situations, plus relevant community advisories like power outages and significant street closures. If you have already “opted-in” to the Jackson County Citizen Alert System you will still get regional messages, but you have to sign up with Nixle for City of Ashland specific messaging. Those who live outside the Ashland City limits are welcome to sign up for Nixle, but not in place of Jackson County Citizen Alerts.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR NIXLE ALERTS
- CELL PHONES: Text 97520 in the message line and 888777 as the recipient number to sign up for emergency and high importance text alerts only. If that's all you want, then you're done.
You won't get anything via email or any "community" level messages, which are the least urgent, but you will also get voice calls from the City via Nixle during emergencies if they are sent out.
- LANDLINE PHONES: If you have a listed landline phone, you are already in our database. If your landline phone number is unlisted, you will need to register it using the Nixle Widget below.
- GET THE APP: You can download the Everbridge (Nixle’s parent company) app from Google Play or Apple app stores and control the notifications through your phone's settings. Subscribe to City of Ashland via zip code 97520.
- REGISTER MANUALLY: Use the Nixle Widget below to create a Nixle account. This allows you to register and control messaging for text, email, and/or landline alerts that also includes getting the least urgent community education notices. If you do this, you'll likely want to control your message priorities and delivery channels in your account settings when you register.
I’m already registered in Nixle, but I want to add numbers or email, what do I do?
- If you have a cell number already in Nixle, and want to add more numbers or email, go to the Nixle Website to create an account and manage your delivery settings and pathways. Reset or retrieve your password if necessary (#2 below).
- If you ALREADY HAVE A NIXLE ACCOUNT, you can get access to your account. To reset your password, go to this page. Once you recover your password, go to the Nixle login and put it in.
RECENT NIXLE POSTS FROM THE CITY OF ASHLAND