AFR Storymap: We're celebrating 10 years!
Ashland Forest Resiliency accomplishments include ecological restoration of the Ashland Watershed and local economic benefits.
- 17 Permanent Local Jobs in forestry
- Over 200 people received worker training
- Each year, Ashland Forest Resiliency generates 150 seasonal jobs
Lomakatsi Restoration Project and City of Ashland have led over 40 in-class presentations and field activities for 2,500 students from grades 3 through 12 during the 2011-2019 school years.
- 8439 acres of pile burning and 1000 acres under-burned for total of 9439 acres
- 615 acres of helicopter thinning accomplished for resilient forests
- Fuel Management: 12,500 acres thinned for ecological forest restoration and community fire protection
- Protection of Old Growth Trees and Homes in the Wildland Urban Interface for 58,000 Acres