Ashland Municipal Court offers traffic school for certain offenses. Traffic school provides drivers an opportunity to recognize and review their driving habits, attitudes, and behaviors. The requirements for traffic school are as follows:
• You are entering a plea of No Contest (not contesting the facts of the case).
Note: A Not Guilty plea forfeits your Traffic School Program option.
• You were cited for a moving violation that does not involve an accident.
*Cellphone/ Mobile device violations do not qualify for this program under ORS 811.507.
• You have no previous moving violation or traffic crime convictions within the last two years.
• You have not participated in another Traffic School Program in this Court or any other court within the last two years.
• You have a valid non-commercial driver license or permit.
If you are approved for Traffic School, you will have 120 days to pay the Traffic School Program fee in full and to complete the conditions for the program you signed up for. Once all conditions are satisfied, the Court will dismiss the charge.
Click on the appropriate green button below for more information about specific programs and to submit an application.
FIX IT TICKETS
Th Ashland Municipal Court will dismiss the following violations upon proof of correction and payment of $25.00 (if applicable) on or before your scheduled appearance date:
- cracked windshield
- Defective vehicle equipment: Brakes, lights, and turn signals
- Driving Uninsured (must provide proof of insurance for date & time of violation)
- Failure to carry proof of insurance ( must provide proof for date & time of violation)
- Failure to renew registration
- Failure to change address on vehicle registration
- Failure to display license plates
- Failure to notify DMV of address or name change
- Operation of vehicle without driving privileges
- Failure to register vehicle
- Failure to transfer title or registration
- Illegal alteration or display of plates
- Operation without proper exhaust system
- Studded tires
- Tinted windows
- Visible emissions limits