Dog Friendly PARKS in Ashland include…
Dog Friendly OPEN SPACES/PROPERTIES in Ashland include…
- Ashland Pond, end of Glendower St
- Burnson Property, 327 Granite St
- Cottle Property, access from Terrace St/Ashland Loop Rd or Herbert St
- Granite Property, 255 Granite St
- Hald Strawberry Park, access from the end of Sunnyview St or across from Hitt Rd on Strawberry Ln
- Kestrel Property, on Kestrel Parkway (off of N Mountain Ave)
- Lawrence Property, near 327 Granite St
- Liberty Street Park, near 855 Liberty St
- Oredson-Todd Woods, near 2260 Lupine Dr
- Riverwalk, west of North Mountain Park
Please keep in mind that dogs are not allowed in playground areas or ballfields. Signage and WoofWaste (pet waste) dispensers with bags are located at each designated park/property. Please be Responsible and adhere to the following rules:
The fine for an unleashed dog in any park, or a dog without a license or proof of rabies vaccination in any park is $115. If you see a dog that is non-compliant, call the non-emergency dispatch at 541.770.4784 with a description and location.
- All dogs must remain on a six foot leash
- Pick up and dispose of your dog’s waste (WoofWaste stations are provided at each dog friendly park) - Those who do not pick up after their dogs risk being cited
All dogs, except for ADA compliant service dogs, are not allowed in two of our parks and dog owners risk being fined $115. (View information on ADA service animals at the ADA.gov website):
If you see a dog at either of these parks, call the non-emergency dispatch at 541.770.4784 with a description and location.
- Lithia Park is excluded as a dog friendly area; however, you can walk your dog on leash around the outer edges of Lithia and on the "old Pioneer Street trail," a walking trail that leads from the Parks office down to the topside of OSF (Oregon Shakespeare Festival) on Pioneer. View our 'Suggested Dog Walks Near Downtown Ashland' map. Why no dogs in Lithia? Learn more
- North Mountain Park is excluded as a dog friendly area; however, you can walk your dog on leash in the southeast section (on the hill) of the park called Rocky Top. (Dogs are not allowed in the Playground on Rocky Top.)
View the Dog Friendly Parks Map
View Dog Friendly Parks and Areas Policy
Back to Ashland's Parks
Visit the Ashland Parks & Recreation home page or call 541.488.5340 for more information.