Net Metering Policy
Ashland was the first utility in Oregon to adopt a net metering policy. Customers that invest in small-scale wind or solar electric systems will be compensated at full retail cost for excess electricity they produce.
Solar Electric (PV) Rebate Program
To encourage Ashland residents and businesses to install new solar electric systems interconnected with the electrical supply grid, the City of Ashland offers financial incentives for qualifying installations. To qualify:
1) The owner of the system must own or be a tenant of the facility where the system is installed
2) The system must be interconnected with the electric service at the facility and be net-metered
3) The system must have adequate solar access *
4) The system must be installed with permits from the City's Building Safety Division and comply with all permit requirements
* Solar electric systems need total solar resource fractions (as per the Oregon Dept of Energy Solar Electric Sun Chart Worksheet) of 75% and no shading by a tree between 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM
The City of Ashland offers a cash incentive for interconnected solar electric systems of $0.50 per Watt for residential and commercial use systems, to a maximum of $7,500 per site.
Solar Water Heater Program
Ashland utility customers using electric water heaters may qualify for either a cash rebate of up to $1000 or a zero-interest loan for installation of approved solar water heating systems. Call Larry at 552-2065 to schedule a free solar site analysis.
For an overview of the City's Solar Program, please view this presentation
For more information on these other resource saving programs, call Larry Giardina at 541-552-2065 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org