1. The City of Ashland
will not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, religious belief, or national origin. The applicant must be 21 years of age to rent any APRC facility.
2. The City reserves the right to deny applications for good cause, including but not limited to:
Uses that are injurious to the buildings.
Uses that are a nuisance to the neighborhood.
Uses that are considered obscene or are prohibited by state law.
3. Rental is subject to termination if the maximum capacity is exceeded.
4. Smoking is prohibited within any APRC building.
5. No device with an open flame or any unsafe electrical devices may be used in the buildings.
6. If amplification is used, permission must be obtained. Any amplification including: PA system, stereo/CD player or a live band is to be contained within the building. The sound level should not be noticeable to adjacent residential areas and should not exceed 45dba.
7. The buildings must be closed and secured by 11:00 pm.
8. Individuals shall leave the building in a clean and orderly manner and lock all doors.
9. Individuals or groups using the buildings are responsible for any damage done to the building during their use.
10. All Ordinances of the City of Ashland
shall receive compliance.
11. No temporary A-frame signs are permitted outside the building.
12. No animals shall be allowed in the building with the exception of service animals.
13. Individuals or groups must cancel one week in advance in order to receive a refund.
14. Please conserve energy. Be sure to turn off unused lights and keep doors and windows shut when possible during the heating and cooling seasons. Excessive use of energy for heating or cooling may be deducted from your deposit.
15. Please be aware of any parking restrictions. Any unauthorized cars will be towed at the owner’s expense.
16. Keys: The building uses a key-lock box. After completing the rental procedure, you will be given a form explaining the use of the lock-box.
17. Use of confetti and glitter is prohibited.
After the building has been inspected and the conditions of the rental agreement have been met, APRC will refund your security deposit within two weeks after the event.
Information on Alcohol Consumption:
1. There will be a $150 non-refundable fee for the use and consumption of alcohol on the premises.
2. Persons under 21 years of age may not be served alcoholic beverages in accordance with state law.
3. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed to be consumed outside of the buildings, including the front porch areas. Exception: Alcohol may be consumed on the brick patio area of Pioneer Hall.
4. If persons who have consumed alcohol at the Community Center or Pioneer Hall and leave in an intoxicated state and cause damage to other persons or property, the tenant may be held civilly liable.
5. It is against state law to serve alcohol to a visibly intoxicated person.
6. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES MAY ALCOHOL BE SOLD to the public at a function at the Community Center or Pioneer Hall unless the Tenant has applied for and received an OLCC (Oregon Liquor Control Commission) permit. Permission for selling alcohol must also be received from APRC and a copy of the OLCC permit must be on file in the Ashland Parks & Recreation office prior to the event. Selling is specifically restricted to the interiors of all buildings.