In 2022, the City of Ashland Utility Billing office underwent a staffing shortage that led to delays in the utility billing process. The City is pleased to announce that new staff have been on-boarded and the department is now up to date on billing.
Throughout the pandemic and the staffing shortage, the City refrained from charging late fees or interrupting service, even though some accounts fell behind on payments and some continue to be in default. Ashland utility customers with past due accounts can now sign up for the City’s Payment Plan
. Sign up Today
! Please Note: Completion of this online form does not indicate that you have a Payment Plan in place. City staff will reach out to you with additional information, and you will need a signed agreement in place.
The City of Ashland Utility Billing office, located at 20 E Main St in Ashland, remains closed. Payments may be made at the drop box at the corner of City Hall, 20 E Main St in Ashland, or via one of the many options outlined below.
To help reduce processing time, please consider these self-help options:
- Online at ashland.or.us/Utilities
- The City Utility Payment Kiosk located at the Ashland Civic Center at 1175 E Main St, next to the City of Ashland Police Department. The City Utility Payment Kiosk is available 24 hours per day, seven (7) days a week. To make a payment at the kiosk, customers will need their account number and customer number, both found on City Utility billing statements. The kiosk accepts cash, check or credit card and payments are processed immediately. (Please Note: For cash payments, change is not available)
- The white payment drop box on the Plaza in downtown Ashland (drop box is adjacent to the mailbox on the Plaza)
- Pay by phone at 541.488.6004. You will need your account number and customer number, both found on City Utility billing statements--- Press option one (1)
- Mail your payment to 20 E Main St, Ashland, OR 97520
For questions/requests, email UtilityBilling@ashland.or.us
. Please email only once per question or request, as multiple inquiries will delay response time. Emails will be returned in the order received. For information on Utility Assistance Programs
, including ways to help others, please visit ashland.or.us/UtilityAssistance
Released April 12, 2023