July 6, 2021
The City Managerís Report showcases current events facing the City externally and internally since the last Council meeting, while highlighting City accomplishments.
The recently engrossed House Bill 3127 including a direct funding award of $3,000,000 for resiliency improvements to the Talent-Ashland-Phoenix (TAP) system. These improvements include updating/adding emergency backup power to booster pump stations, pump upgrades to meet peak/fire demand requirements, seismic building improvements, a non-peak/emergency connection from Ashland to Talent and Phoenix that would provide a gravity feed to both communities for non-peak and emergency related and programming updates associated with the booster pump station improvements. Staff will be prepared to move forward with a supplemental budget request to Council once the process for obtaining the funding is outlined. City of Ashland staff will be the lead for the system improvements and will coordinate throughout the project phases with Talent and Phoenix to ensure our solid partnership continues.
This is a draft of the next Council meetings agenda and is subject to change.
July 19 - Study Session
July 20 - Business Meeting
- Review of Budget Study Sessions
- Annual Report by the Wildfire Safety Commission
- Ashland Chamber of Commerce Update
- Approval of Two Contracts with Emergency Communications of Southern Oregon
- Process for Commission Appointments
- Social Equity and Racial Justice Resolution Council Discussion and Actions
For the full look ahead and descriptions of each item, go to ashland.or.us/lookahead
The July City Source includes:
- How to prepare for an evacuation;
- Utility rate increase information;
- How to join the Airport and Other Commissions;
- Recycling Tips and Tricks from Recology; and
- City events in August
Go to ashland.or.us/citysource
for the latest and past editions.