The City Managerís Report showcases current events facing the City externally and internally since the last Council meeting, while highlighting City accomplishments.
Reopening City Buildings & In-Person Council Meetings
Jackson County will be going down to a moderate risk level this Friday (6/18), which does allow additional indoor seating capacity and several other elements of expanded operations.
Additionally, it does seem that Jackson County is on track for hitting the 70 percent statewide target by end of June. It is not yet definitive as to how the restrictions will be modified when that happens, but we will keep everyone updated on the State regulations as they are announced.
City facilities are planned to reopen to the public on July 12. Council meetings are planned to go back in person either the second meeting in July or the first meeting in August. These details will be brought back at the July 6 meeting for Council consideration.
Thank You to City Attorney Dave Lohman
As many already know, City Attorney Dave Lohman will be leaving the City in July. Dave has worked for the City of Ashland for 10 years after a long career of working in government. Assistant City Attorney Katrina Brown will fill the position on an interim basis until a permanent City Attorney is hired. The City thanks Dave for his service and guidance over the years and wishes him well in retirement.
This is a draft of the next Council meetings agenda and is subject to change.
No Study Session on July 5 in observance of Independence Day
July 6 - Business Meeting
- Proclamation Recognizing the 75th Anniversary of Soroptimists International of Ashland
- Annual Presentation by the Forest Lands Commission
- Staff Update on Fire Season
- COVID-19 Emergency Declaration Discussion and Reopening Plans
- Mayors Proposed Recruitment and Selection Process for City Attorney
- Mayoral City Manager Recruitment Plan
- Citizens' Budget Committee Annual Appointments
- Confirmation of Mayoral Appointment of Ralph Sartain as Fire Chief
For the full look ahead and descriptions of each item, go to ashland.or.us/lookahead