The Ashland Forest Resiliency has a controlled burn planned off today upper Wagner Creek.The controlled burn will be visible from Rapp Road, Highway 99 and Interstate 5. There will be some smoke near the controlled burning up Wagner Creek Road area. Crews with Lomakatsi Restoration Project will be on site managing the controlled burn and monitoring smoke. The Ashland Forest Resiliency thanks the community for continued patience as we remove excess fuels to reduce the risk of catastrophic wildfire for our drinking water, community and wildlife habitats.
Potential Smoke Impact
- This is a high elevation burn with some smoke possible down the Wagner Creek drainage.
- Smoke could be visible from parts of Talent and from Interstate 5.
- Find health precautions for smoke on Smokewise Ashland.
See the controlled burn map
Ashland Forest Resiliency
- Areas highlighted in red are active controlled burns
- Those highlighted in yellow were recently burned and being monitored
- Blue areas are planned controlled burns
- Green represents completed burns
partners and the community are celebrating 10 years
of work in the watershed. Learn more about how controlled burning is restoring forests in Oregon