The Ashland Forest Resiliency has a controlled burn planned south of Talent Avenue and Belmont Road on Tuesday, February 2nd. The controlled burn will be visible from Talent Avenue, Highway 99 and Interstate 5. There could be some smoke south of Talent Avenue near Belmont Road in the morning. Crews with Lomakatsi Restoration Project will be on site managing the controlled burn. The Ashland Forest Resiliency thanks the community for continued patience as we remove excess fuels to reduce the risk of catastrophic wildfire for our drinking water, community and wildlife habitats.
Potential Smoke Impact
- This is a lower elevation burn with some smoke possible in Talent near S. Belmont Road and Talent Avenue.
- Smoke could be visible from parts of Talent and from Interstate 5.
- Find health precautions for smoke on Smokewise Ashland.
See the controlled burn map
Ashland Forest Resiliency
- Areas highlighted in red are active controlled burns
- Those highlighted in yellow were recently burned and being monitored
- Blue areas are planned controlled burns
- Green represents completed burns
partners and the community are celebrating 10 years
of work in the watershed. Learn more about how controlled burning is restoring forests in Oregon