Reminder of Fire Restrictions
With the devastation of the Almeda Fire still on everyone’s mind, the City would like to remind everyone that Ashland and the region is still in Extreme Fire Danger as it has been since July 31.
Outdoor debris burning and outdoor fire pits and appliances are still prohibited. Fireworks and sky lanterns are always prohibited throughout the year in Ashland. Other restrictions include the following for areas of dry vegetation:
This means for landscaping that gas powered leaf blowers and chainsaws are allowed as long as they are in green, watered landscapes. View the full list of restrictions and current fire danger anytime at ashland.or.us/fireseason.
With extreme fire danger also comes the need to prepare your property and family in case of a wildfire. Know the levels of evacuation and prepare your family by visiting ashland.or.us/evacuate. Learn how to prepare your home at www.fireadaptedashland.org.
- Gas powered saws or trimmers
- Metal cutting, grinding or welding equipment
- Mowing of dry, cured grass with power equipment (does not apply to farm equipment harvesting crops)
- Spark-emitting equipment or using an internal combustion engine
- Smoking is allowed in enclosed vehicles or boats on water
- Keep vehicles on improved roads free of dry grass, and don't park near dry grass