Construction activity has increased recently on Hersey Street. With that comes a need for increased awareness from the community to help create and maintain as safe of a work zone as possible.
Keep yourself and workers safe by following these safety tips:
• Use an alternative route – When you can, avoid Hersey Street between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.;
• Expect occasional delays – If you need to use Hersey Street, build some extra time into your schedule to allow for delays and slower speeds through the work zone;
• Be alert – Pay close attention to the road, especially watching for cones and flaggers to direct you through temporary closures and detours;
• Obey all speed and warning signs – City staff and the contractors have traffic safety plans in place and they rely on drivers adhering to traffic signs;
• Do not tailgate – Give extra room between you and the car in front of you (good idea in or out of construction zones); and
• Watch out for construction vehicles – Construction vehicles will occasionally be moving throughout the work zone and need extra room.
The City and its contractors are working hard to maintain a safe zone for workers and travelers during the reconstruction of this heavily used roadway. Your assistance in being aware of the project and the traffic challenges that it presents is very much appreciated.
For details on the project, click here